EVOLUTION ENGINEERING PARTNERS
Evolution Engineering Partners, an Evolution SG family company, is a design-build energy engineering firm specializing in energy efficiency and sustainability. We engineer, finance, and implement energy projects to help you reduce costs, improve efficiency, and reach your sustainability goals. Our team provides fully implemented turnkey projects with a strong return on investment (ROI).
Benefits to You
Reduce energy consumption via multiple engineering approaches, equipment upgrades, controls, retrofits, and renewable energy (i.e., lighting, HVAC, refrigeration, solar, etc.).
Turnkey, design-build energy efficiency and renewable energy projects are designed to have an excellent ROI and immediate positive cash flow.
Maximized grants and rebates and creative financing options to eliminate the need for upfront capital leading to increased project adoption and immediate increases in NOI and profitability.
Strategies to ensure compliance with local energy mandates through benchmarking and advisory services.
Our team of engineering professionals are ready to assist you no matter the project size.
- Licensed Professional Engineers
- LEED Accredited Professionals (U.S. Green Building Council)
- National Project Managers
- AEE Certified Energy Managers (Association of Energy Engineers)
- Certified Lighting Professionals (NALMCO and AEE)
- Certified Energy Auditors (AEE)
The first step is a visit to your site(s) to introduce our qualifications and capabilities. We will conduct a brief
engineering walk through to preliminarily qualify potential energy efficiency and sustainability opportunities.
If available, we will also look to collect additional information such as:
- 12 months of electric, gas, and/or oil utility bills
- Lighting and mechanical schedules
- MEP drawings
- Equipment lists
After the initial meeting, our engineering team will follow up with a comprehensive ASHRAE Level 2
equivalent audit performed by our team of specialists. This step allows us to engineer solutions with the
greatest cost-benefit and to develop a detailed project overview which will include:
- Recommended Energy Conservation Methods (ECMs) and the technical juistifcations for each.
- Project economics including project cost, savings, ROI, rebates, creative financing options, etc.
- Calculcated greenhouse gas and carbon footprint reduction.
- Additional non-financial benefits of the project.
We will prepare a final proposal including all recommended energy conservation measures, financials,
and approved utility incentives ready for your sign-off.
As a design-build energy engineering firm, we take care of everything and work around your schedule to
ensure no disruption to your operations. We provide all materials, labor, project management, recycling,
inspections, permits, etc., so your staff can remain focused on their primary responsibilities.
ENERGY BENCHMARKING AND
LOCAL LAW COMPLIANCE
26% of the population is living in a district with benchmarking rules. Evolution Engineering offers a team of licensed professional engineers that can ensure compliance with local energy mandates. Whether it is submitting EPA ENERGYSTAR ratings, supplying emission reports, or completing required ASHRAE Level 2 Audits, our team has you covered.
Our team also offers renewable energy options to reach your sustainability goals. We partner with numerous organizations to offer EV charging station installation, on-site solar, and demand response programs.
NOT SURE WHAT UPDATES YOUR FACILITY MAY NEED?
HERE IS A LIST OF SOME OF THE CONSERVATION MEASURES WE OFFER:
- LED Lighting (view project gallery)
- Lighting Controls
- Combined Heat & Power (CHP)
- Battery Storage
- Demand Response
- Intelligent HVAC/R Controls
- Building Management Systems
- Building Envelope Solutions
- Compressed Air & Steam Trap Leak Detection & Remediation
- Power Quality Solutions and Power Factor Penalty and kVar Billing Reduction
- Occupancy Based Thermostats
- Demand Controlled Ventilation (DCV)
- Variable Speed/Frequency Drives
- Compressed Air System Controls
- Property “Green Ups”
- Boiler Plant & Chiller Plant Upgrades/Replacement
- Time Delay Relays
- Free Cooling/Expanded Economizer Logic
- Electronically Commutated Motors (ECM)
- Equipment Replacements/Upgrades
- Solar Assisted Hot Water
- Radiant Heating
- Thermal Qualities Simulation
- Local Energy Law Reporting & Compliance
- UV-C Lighting
- Bi-Polar Ionization
- EV Charging Stations
- Energy Rebates and Grants
- Heat Recovery
- And Much More!
LED LIGHTING UPGRADE
HERR Foods Inc.
Herr Foods Inc. was looking to improve its factory’s light quality while reducing energy costs and carbon emissions.
As a long-term energy procurement client of Evolution team designed a customized plan that would significantly improve light quality while dramatically reducing energy consumption and maintenance costs.
- Annual savings of $135,000
- $39,982 in free utility rebates
- Project payback in just 2.3 years
- Carbon footprint reduced by 3 million lbs of CO2 annually
- 43% ROI before depreciation
GREEN STUDENT HOUSING
American Campus Communities
As a long-term owner and operator of residential communities, American Campus Communities (ACC) sees the integration of sustainable building and operational features into their properties as a critical component of delivering the best student living experience. ACC found themselves with a need to find a partner that–with an understanding of the unique needs of student housing—could offer a product solution that continues to help ACC meet their ESG goals.
- Total annual savings from three ECMs (lighting upgrade, flow rate balancing, intelligent occupancy based thermostats) exceeded $120,000.
- Free utility rebates exceeded $20,000.
- Project payback in under 2.56 years.
- Implementing this project will reduce the property’s carbon footprint by more than 1.5 million pounds of CO2 annually.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PACKAGE
The Robbins Companies
The Robbins Companies, a property management firm, was looking to reduce the overall utility spend of their office and retail portfolio. Evolution reviewed their utility supply agreements and completed a LED lighting upgrade at one of their properties, reducing their annual energy consumption and carbon footprint.
- Updated supply pricing and contract extensions yielded an annual savings of more than $27,000 in the next few years. A savings of more than 15% per supply contract.
- The LED lighting upgrade added energy savings of more than $2,000 a year.
- The facility’s carbon footprint was reduced by more than 50,000 pounds of