Evolution ESG Partners is a part of the Evolution SG family of sustainability-focused companies.
ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL, GOVERNANCE (ESG)
ESG is a collection of corporate performance evaluation criteria that assess the robustness of a company’s governance mechanisms and its ability to effectively manage its environmental and social impacts.
An effective ESG strategy can reduce operational costs and gain investor interest. ESG emphasizes long-term sustainable growth, resiliency, and future risk mitigation.
CONSIDER THE ESG STRATEGY
- Future-Proofing: Organizations with strong ESG strategies are shown to outperform their competitors without ESG strategies. It is projected that ESG mandated assets will comprise more than half of all professionally managed assets by 2025. (Deloitte).
- Investor Benefits: As the consumer focus shifts to an organization’s impact on the community and the planet, investors across the globe are incorporating ESG into their overall investment strategy and expect companies to have ESG policies and practices in place.
- Results: The results are there. Organizations with successful ESG strategies lead to improved long-term returns, a positive impact on their brand image and reputation, improved employee and customer engagement, and reduced risk.
BUILDING AN ACTION-BASED ESG PROGRAM WITH EVOLUTION
Working with Evolution on your ESG strategy launches your organization on a powerful course of action by focusing on impact, achievability, and developing synergies amongst initiatives. The result is a strategy that benefits an organization’s longevity while maximizing stakeholder value.
EVOLUTION ESG CORE PRODUCTS & SERVICES INCLUDE:
Materiality Assessment: A materiality assessment helps prioritize which ESG efforts will have the greatest impact within your organization. Companies that disclose to GRI (Global Reporting Initiative), SASB (Sustainability
Accountability Standards Board), and the European Directive on Non-Financial Reporting must conduct materiality assessments.
Readiness (Gap) Assessment: A readiness assessment helps identify gaps towards a particular ESG goal (net zero, etc.), reporting framework (SASB, ISSB, GRESB, etc.), certification (Fitwel, BREEAM, etc.) before an organization commits and financially invests in a particular effort.
Stakeholder Engagement: The success of ESG goals and initiatives requires the active engagement of internal and external stakeholders (employees, customers, community, investors, etc.) during their development and implementation. Without stakeholder participation, programs often fall short of their intended outcomes.
Green Certifications: Green certifications provide third-party verification of environmental and social performance through a building’s design, construction, and/or occupancy. There are several certifications available. Identifying the right one for your organization ensures alignment with your ESG goals and vision.
Sustainability Data Management and Migration: As the market demands building owners demonstrate a commitment to sustainability, organizations face challenges in managing ESG metrics as they are dispersed across various departments and recorded differently. This results in inefficiencies and ESG data gaps. Organizing, centralizing, and automating data is one of the first ESG activities for an organization to prioritize.
Climate Risk Assessment Process: Identifying and addressing climate-related vulnerabilities to an organization or portfolio through a resilience framework.
ESG Project Management and Implementation: Project management and implementation are critical to successful ESG outcomes. Some organizations do not have ESG staff or have staff in need of outsourced support for the development and implementation of ESG initiatives. Our ESG project management services are adaptable to fit your needs:
- Leadership Role: Provide full project management of ESG initiatives, from development to implementation.
- Supporting Role: Assist existing ESG staff to establish, bolster, or execute projects.
Sustainability Reporting for Stakeholders: ESG strategic planning is needed to develop a road map and achieve stated goals. Examples of our ESG strategic planning and reporting services include (but not limited to) ESG/Sustainability Action Plan or Road map, Net Zero Plan, Waste Minimization Plan, Value Chain Mapping.
External ESG Disclosure & Reporting: The regulatory landscape in ESG Reporting is rapidly changing and increasingly important to investors, tenants, employees, and other stakeholders. Identifying which framework is most relevant to your organization to benchmark against (SASB, GRESB, etc.), collecting data, closing gaps, and developing a narrative are all needed throughout the year to properly report annual ESG data.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- Evolution is a boutique firm that is dedicated to our clients. We provide personalized service focused on high-impact strategic actions to achieve the best possible ROI.
- Our firm is comprised of professionals with years of experience in consulting, energy management, engineering, and sustainability.
- Evolution has an established network of partners we can leverage to achieve almost any desired scope for our clients, regardless of portfolio size.
ROLLING INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Interested in an internship with Evolution Sustainability Group? We have a rolling internship program that accepts highly motivated candidates studying sustainability/ESG for the fall, spring, and summer. Reach out with your resume to connect.
- Resham Shirsat, LEED AP, TRUE Advisor, Fitwel Amb., BREEAM Assessor
- Kiana Cardwell, MBA, LEED GA, WELL AP, Fitwel Amb., BREEAM Assessor
Evolution Sustainability Group can serve as your trusted partner, guiding your organization through sustainability projects of varying complexities.
These efforts will provide a competitive advantage for your organization and add value to your brand.